Saturday, March 28 Results
Open Division Boys: Bishop O’Dowd def. Mater Dei, 65-64 OT
- Bishop O’Dowd won their second State Championship in their 10th appearance for the State title.
- Bishop O’Dowd senior Paris Austin led all scorers with 21 points and seven assists, while fellow senior Ivan Rabb totaled 19 points and 21 rebounds in the win.
- As a team the Bishop O’Dowd shot 45.6% for the night.
- Senior Rex Pflueger led Mater Dei with 19 points as the Monarchs made their 16th appearance in the State tournament.
- As a team Mater Dei shot 40.3% from the floor and 45.8% (11-of-24) from three-point land.
Open Division Girls: St. Mary’s (Stockton) def. Mater Dei, 76-69
- St. Mary’s won their eighth State title in their 10th appearance at the CIF State Basketball Championships.
- St. Mary’s junior Mi’Cole Cayton led all scoreres with 21 points and five assists, followed by freshman Aquira Decosta with 15 points.
- As a team St. Mary’s shot 45% from the floor and 44.4% (12-of-27) from behind the arc.
- Senior Andee Velasco (20 points), junior Allison Rosenblum (20 points) and senior Kate Lou Samuelson (19 points) combined for 59 of Mater Dei’s 69 points.
- As a team the Monarchs shot 50% from the floor in the loss.
- Sportsmanship Award Winners: Nicole Freeman (Mater Dei) and St. Mary’s (Sierra Smith)
Division II Boys: La Mirada def. Archbishop Mitty, 71-70 2OT
- La Mirada won their first State Championship in their first attempt.
- Senior duo Dezmon Murphy and Kendall Lauderdale led La Mirada with 18 points each.
- As a team La Mirada shot 42.4% (14of-33) from beyond the arc.
- Archbishop Mitty junior Ben Kone led all scorers and rebounders with a double-double of 22 points and 14 boards.
- As a team the Monarchs shot 47.4% from the floor in the loss.
- Sportsmanship Award Winners: Cameron Korb (Archbishop Mitty) and Vittorio Reynoso-Avila (La Mirada)
Division II Girls: Archbishop Mitty def. Mark Keppel, 53-31
- Archbishop Mitty won their sixth State Championship in their 11th appearance.
- Mitty sophomore duo Heleyna Hill and Daniella Guglielmo combined for 26 of the Monarchs 53 points with 13 each, while fellow sophomore Madeline Holland pulled down a game-high 13 boards.
- Junior Sophia Song led Mark Keppel with a double-double of 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Sportsmanship Award Winners: Kelli Kamida (Mark Keppel) and Lauren Mewes (Archbishop Mitty)
Division IV Boys: Crespi def. Capital Christian, 47-44
- Crespi won their first State title in their first appearance at the CIF State Basketball Championships.
- Crespi junior De’Anthony Melton led all scorers with a double-double of 13 points and 13 rebounds.
- As a team Crespi shot 41.5% from the floor.
- Senior Justice Shelton-Mosley led Capital Christian with 11 points and three assists.
- Sportsmanship Award Winners: Dante Henley (Capital Christian) and Mike Krkeyan (Crespi)
Division IV Girls: Sierra Canyon def. Brookside Christian, 69-56
- Sierra Canyon won their third consecutive State Championship in as many tries.
- Senior Cheyanne Wallace led Sierra Canyon with 24 point and nine rebounds, followed by senior Kennedy Burke with 14 points, 14 rebounds and six blocks.
- As a team Sierra Canyon shot 42.9% from the floor.
- Brookside Christian junior led all scorers with her double-double of 26 points and 14 rebounds, while fellow senior Rk’kyra Gabriel added 13 points in the loss.
- Sportsmanship Award Winners: Rk’kyra Gabriel (Brookside Christian) and Cheyanne Wallace (Sierra Canyon)
Friday, March 27 Results
Division I Boys: San Ramon Valley def. Chino Hills, 79-71 2OT
- San Ramon Valley won their first State Championship on their third try.
- Senior Keith Smith led San Ramon Valley with 20 points and eight assists, followed by senior Christian Fuca with 18 points and senior Kyle Spackman with a double-double of 15 points and 15 boards.
- As a team San Ramon Valley shots 42.4% from the floor.
- Chino Hills junior Lonzo Ball led all scorers with 30 points and 10 rebounds, while sophomore Andrew Ball added 23 points in the loss.
- Sportsmanship Award Winners: Jordan Thropay (Chino Hills) and Kyle Spackman (San Ramon Valley)
Division I Girls: McClatchy def. Serra (Gardena), 65-61 2OT
- McClatchy won their first State title in their first try.
- Junior Gigi Garcia led McClatchy with 19 points, 20 rebounds and six blocks, while senior Lauren Nubla added 15 points and five assists.
- Serra junior Briana Johnson led all scorers with 21 points, while junior Brijaye Brackett added 14 points and 15 rebounds in the loss.
- Sportsmanship Award Winners: Brijaye Brackett (Serra) and Jordan Cruz (McClatchy)
Division III Boys: Damien def. Campolindo, 70-57
- Damien claimed their first State Championship in their first try.
- Senior Jeremy Hemsley led the Spartans with 20 points, 10 rebounds and six assists, while senior Micah Robinson totaled 17 for Damien, including netting 5-of-9 from behind the arc.
- As a team the Spartans shot 43.5% from the floor.
- Campolindo senior Chris Hansen was the leader of the night with a double-double of 25 points and 14 boards.
- Sportsmanship Award Winners: Austin Clarke (Campolindo) and Micha Robinson (Damien)
Division III Girls: Bishop O’Dowd def. Brea Olinda, 55-40
- Bishop O’Dowd won their 3rd State title in their fourth appearance at the State Championships.
- Senior Aisia Robertson tallied 16 points, five assists and eight rebounds for Bishop O’Dowd, while sophomore Myah Pace and junior Aerial Chavarin combined for 29 of the Dragons 51 rebounds with 15 and 14 respectively.
- Brea Olinda junior Reili Richardson led all scorers with 19 points, while freshman Tyiona Watkins was the team leader on the boards with 13.
- Sportsmanship Award Winners: Sierra Bononi (Brea Olinda) and Aisia Robertson (Bishop O’Dowd)
Division V Boys: Sierra Canyon def. University (San Francisco), 80-55
- Sierra Canyon won their 1st State Championship in their first appearance.
- Sierra Canyon sophomore Remy Martin led all scorers with 19 points, while fellow sophomore Cody Riley added a double-double of 18 points and 22 boards.
- As a team Sierra Canyon shot 47.6% from the floor.
- Senior Brandon Lew led University with 15 points and three assists.
- Sportsmanship Award Winners: Mattie Mrlik (University) and Devearl Ramsey (Sierra Canyon)
Division V Girls: La Jolla Country Day def. Eastside College Prep, 40-36
- La Jolla Country Day won their 4th State title
- Junior Torrey, Mariana Ecija led all scorers with 14 points and seven steals. While sophomore Alaysia Styles added 10 points, 14 rebounds and eight blocks in the win for La Jolla Country Day.
- Eastside College Prep made their first appearance at the State tournament; the team only had six players.
- Freshman Kayla Tahaafe led the Panthers with 12 points, followed by seniors Chacitty Cunningham and Destiny Graham with 11 and nine points respectively.
- Sportsmanship Award Winners: Chacitty Cunningham (Eastside College Prep) and Mai-Loni Henson (La Jolla Country Day).
State Souvenir Program
State Souvenir programis available for FREE online (please click on link above). They were also be available for purchase through LeaguePrints.com
Regional Souvenir Program
NorCal Division VI Program - available online ONLY
Souvenir programs for Regionals are available for FREE online. They were also be available for purchase through LeaguePrints.com