SACRAMENTO – Quick facts from the 2019 CIF State Basketball Championships.
Open Division Boys: Sierra Canyon def. Sheldon, 76-52
- In a rematch of last year’s Open Division contest, Sierra Canyon (32-3) won their second consecutive state Championship, third overall.
- Trailblazers senior Kenyon Martin Jr. was the leader of the night with his double-double of 23 points and 12 boards, followed by senior Cassius Stanley with 20 points and seven rebounds.
- Junior Marcus Bagley led Sheldon (24-11) with 17 points in the loss.
Open Division Girls: Sierra Canyon def. Pinewood, 69-51
- Sierra Canyon (33-1) won their fourth State crown in as many appearances.
- Junior Ashley Chevalier led the Trailblazers with 20 points and seven assists followed by junior Vanessa De Jesus and senior Amanda Olinger contributing 17 and 15 points respectively.
- Pinewood (27-4), appearing in their second consecutive Open Division game, was led by sophomore Annika Decker with 17 points, followed by senior Kaitlyn Leung with 12 points.
Division I Boys: Chino Hills def. James Logan, 69-63
- Chino Hills (25-10) won their second consecutive State title, fourth overall.
- Huskies senior Onyeka Okongwu was the leader of the night with his double-double of 26 points and 15 boards. Fellow senior Will Plumas added 18 points in the win.
- James Logan (27-7) was led by junior Brahjon Thompson’s 19 points, followed by senior Gabriel Hawkins and his double-double of 16 points and 10 rebounds.
Division I Girls: Rosary Academy def. Bishop O’Dowd, 75-58
- Rosary Academy (27-8) won their second State Championship in as many appearances.
- Royals junior Asia Avinger was the lead scorer of the night with 24 points, followed by senior Savannah Felix with 16 points. As a team Rosary shot 48.2% (27-of-56) for the night.
- Freshman Amaya Bonner led Bishop O’Dowd (24-10) with 15 points, followed by sophomore Kennedy Johnson with 13 points.
Division II Boys: Campolindo def. Colony, 55-40
- Campolindo (27-7) won their first State Championship in their second attempt.
- The Cougars were led by sophomore Emmanuel Callas and freshman Aidan Mahaney who contributed 19 points and nine boards each. As a team, Campo shot an impressive 48.9% (22-of-45) for the night.
- Senior Sedrick Altman led Colony (31-6) with his game-high 28 points and nine rebounds.
Division II Girls: Menlo School def. Rolling Hills Prep, 70-63
- Menlo School (26-5) returned to the title game for the first time since their three-consecutive wins in 1989-1991, taking home their fourth State Championship.
- The Knights were led by sophomore Coco Layton’s double-double of 17 points and 11 rebounds, followed by sophomore Avery Lee with 15 points and a game-high nine assists. Senior Lauren Sun Mi Oh also contributed with her double-double of 12 points and 10 rebounds.
- Rolling Hills Prep (27-5) returned to the State Championships for the second consecutive year, after winning the Division IV title last year.
- Sophomore Clarice Akunwafo led the Huskies with 17 points, followed by junior Alyssa Maxey with her double-double of 14 points and 14 rebounds.
Division III Boys: La Jolla Country Day def. University, 67-39
- La Jolla Country Day (23-13) won their first State Championship in their first try.
- Torreys senior Ryan Langborg was the leader of the night with his double-double of 23 points and 17 rebounds.
- Senior Charley Moore led University (26-10) with 13 points in the game.
Division III Girls: Oakland def. McFarland, 51-35
- Oakland (30-5) won their first State crown in their first attempt.
- Seniors Morgan Dunbar and Khirah McCoy led the Wildcats with 20 and 18 points respectively.
- McFarland (31-6) was led by senior Neli Diaz with 13 points, in the Cougars first appearance at the State Championships.
Division IV Boys: Ribet Academy def. Immanuel, 60-49
- Ribet Academy (27-3) won their second State title in as many tries.
- Junior Snookey Wigington led the Fighting Frogs with 19 points and six assists, followed by sophomore Tyler Powell with 15 points. Junior Igancio Camacho grabbed 12 boards in the win.
- Immanuel (26-9) was led by sophomore Shawn Rodgers’ 14 points, while sophomore Winston Williams pulled down a game-high 18 boards in the loss.
Division IV Girls: Oakland Tech def. Northview, 55-27
- Oakland Tech (30-6) won their third State Championship in their third appearance.
- Bulldogs junior Stephanie Okowi set a new Division IV rebounding record with 24, good for fifth all-time in State Championship history.
- Oakland Tech junior Jordan Smith was the points-leader of the game with 19, followed by Okowi with 16.
- Northview (30-6) was led by junior Giselle Garcia’s 11 points.
Division V Boys: Foothill, Bakersfield def. Mt. Shasta, 78-66
- Foothill (24-1) claimed their second State Championship in as many tries, with their last appearance and win back in 1988.
- The Trojans were led by sophomore Jaden Phillips’ 25 points, followed by senior Elijah Seales with 22 points. Senior Warren Stingley was the game leaders on the boards with 13, followed by senior Edward Turner with 11.
- For the Bears (33-2), senior Kaden Riccomini led all scorers with 29 points. It was Mt. Shasta’s first State Championship appearance.
Division V Girls: Caruthers def. Ramona, 62-38
- Caruthers (32-4) won their first State Championship in their first attempt. Ramona (23-13) was also making their first appearance for a State title.
- Senior Jaque Magana led the Blue Raiders with 13 point and seven boards, followed by senior Felicia Ramirez and sophomore Jacklyn Kulow contributing 12 and 11 points respectively.
- Rams senior Lizbeth Garcia was the leader of the game with 15 points, while senior Savannah Petty was the rebounds leader with 12.